Top 10 Essential Oils
PURE OILS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL FOR A BETTER YOU!
Hey guys Naomie here! I'm tuning in this week to let you in on something I've recently discovered on my journey to a better me.
As you may know, I started my fitness journey many years ago as I felt myself slipping into a depression, you can read more of my story here. Like many women the pressures of daily life, society and expectations can sometimes get the best of you. The important thing is to not let your down days consume who you are or what you're trying to achieve in life, which can be a difficult task in itself.
On my journey I'm learning to listen to my body, discovering what it likes and what it doesn't like. You find that during our teenage years society pumps us up with unessential hormones pills, contraception and antibiotics. Have you ever stopped to question how these chemicals will take a toll on our bodies over the years? I've noticed that as I'm getting older, my body is starting to tell on me, and I'm choosing to listen.
My first step was to give up hormonal contraception as I was beginning to experience the latter end of the symptoms (depression all over again, mood swings and hair loss!) I've also given up eating certain foods like breads and rice as my stomach no longer agrees with the condensed gluten levels. And now my skin is experiencing random breakouts which are beginning to freak me out. All of this on top of work and running a business = stress and anxiety.
Then I found essential Oils!
Last week I attended a class called Women's Wellness and Hormone Harmony hosted by a Dottera rep. Doterra is one of the top 10 brands who produce essential Oils that are of the purest forms. So pure that it can be ingested as well as diffused.
Within this class we were given the experience to learn about the different oils and their benefits. One thing I learnt is that the chemicals in essential oils can interact with your body in a number of ways.
Inhaling the aromas from essential oils can stimulate areas of your limbic system, which is a part of your brain that plays a role in emotions, behaviours, sense of smell and long-term memory. The limbic system also plays a role in controlling some unconscious physiological functions, such as breathing, heart rate and blood pressure.
A few facts I found online:
- Regarding aromatherapy, initial studies have been quite positive. Many have shown that the smell of some essential oils can work as a complementary therapy to treat anxiety and stress
- With unique chemical structures, each essential oil holds a variety of benefits for the user. Some essential oils hold soothing, toning, and grounding properties, while others are known as energizing, uplifting, warming, or renewing.
- Certain oils are also able to lower cortisol levels
- Oils can also help to improve inflammatory skin conditions, like dermatitis, eczema and lupus, improve the general appearance of your skin and even aid wound healing.
MY TOP 10 ESSENTIAL OILS🍃
- promotes relaxation
- reduces skin imperfections
- Ylang Ylang
- boost lobido
- lower high blood pressure
- invigorating to the senses
- cooling effect
- promotes uplifted feelings
- Clary Sage
- All round hormone balancer
- antidepressant effects
- improved digestion, and stress relief
- soothes skin
- promotes peaceful sleep
- aids digestion
- promotes feelings of clarity & invigoration
- great for depression
- boosts lobido
- cleansing & revitalising effect on skin
- natural household cleaner
- ease nasal symptoms and allergies
- great for women experiencing reduced estrogen and health-related symptoms caused by menopause and perimenopause
- fights bacterial infections
- increase motivation
- improve the appearance of blemishes & treat acne
-promote weight loss
I must say, sitting through the class inhaling all of the different fragrances, I could most definitely feel an effect on my body. Especially with the scents that are ideal for calming your mind and introducing focus. I totally get why Spas are so soothing and can alter your mood as soon as you enter the building. Immediately this made me think of creating my own personal mist bottle that I could carry in my bag and spray int he air or on my face any time I feel a little unbalanced and need to recenter my hormones.
Including essential Oils into your daily routine can be done by:
- Diffusing using a diffuser
- Diluted into a base oil and applied directly to the skin
- Added to water and sprayed as a mist to skin or air.
So if you're similar to me and looking for a more natural way to regulate your body and bring it back to its natural state, why not give essential oils a go.
Some of the purest oils can be quite expensive as high-quality oils only use pure plant compounds extracted by distillation or cold pressing and can usually be ingested. When completing your search for the perfect, avoid oils that have been diluted with synthetic fragrances, chemicals or oils. Please do your research on the company before you decide to complete your purchase.
Also please note if you experience any side affects such as asthma attack, headache or rashes, consult your doctor immediately.
I'm SO excited to begin my journey of holistic health, starting with my pocket size spray mist to balance my moods. I might create another post showing what ingredients I decide to include, let me know if you would be interested in this.
My health is everything, and so is yours. Take care of your energy my loves!
Like my look? These are one fo my favourite leggings that I wear during my Yoga class because of their super soft and breathable material.
Try them out for yourself here > Balance Highwaist Leggings